Friday, October 14, 2005

Last minute scramble and departure synopsis

Okay, so this will be where my NZ adventures shall be chronicled. Thank you everyone for tuning in, hopefully soon there will be something worthwhile to view here! Check back in a week or so.

Tomorrow marks a final frantic dash to buy a pack, pack my pack, pickup my iPod which Dan the man Schmolze has graciously agreed to load up with an eclectic travelling blend of music as I will not have time to fuss with it myself having in typical Root fashion left everything to the 11th hour.

I leave to San Francisco at 1:30pm tomorrow where I will be staying in the posh, waterside accomodations of one Nikolai Singh and will spend Sunday with my beloved, and of late, round with child sister along with hubby Paulo before heading south to Los Angeles via carpool with a random stranger to be arranged via the site www.craigslist.org. In LA I will visit friends and hang out with the other sister Allie who will lovlingly see me off at LAX airport where I depart Friday evening, the 21st of October and arrive on the other side of the world in Auckland, New Zealand on October 23rd where the adventure finally begins.

Until next time, this is the intrepid Dr. Root signing out.

3 comments:

The Intrepid Dr. Root said...

Hey Gio, thanks for the concern. :) I arrived in San Fran just fine. Flight was nice relative to how flights are. It looks like I'll have a ride to LA tomorrow via a friend of Nikolai who happens to be going to LA right at the time I want to go. So that's the snizzle snazzle of the snoozle.

snozberries,

Jake

The Intrepid Dr. Root said...

Hah! No, I haven't bought a stove. Maybe in LA

Umm... when I do a proper update after something intgeresting happens, otherwise if people want to know every little detail they can read da comments.

Scatamoosh

Jake

The Intrepid Dr. Root said...

yeah, I heard it's been rainy the last few days! Luckily it wasn't when I arrived last night/this morning - and today has been partly sunny.