Monday, November 07, 2005

White Water Rafting

Latest adventure was doing class 4 and 5 rapids. Hahaha, great fun that was. One of the boats half capsized in the middle of the class 5 rapids and everyone was sorta just stuck in limbo while they tried to free the half sunk, flooded raft. I was the only one laughing at them... half of them were laughing at themselves and their situation too, so what the hell. It wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be, but there were a few times I almost found myself in the river. I want to try whitewater kayaking.

Tented again by the river. After the kayak trip we had lunch and then the bus was off again, in its usual -no moment for rest- rushed fashion. I think I was the only one from our bus tenting because everyone else was ready to leave and my tent with all my stuff strewn about it was still up. I barely made the bus in time. One of the staff people had to drive me up the hill while one of the people in reception called our bus driver on the cell to tell her to wait. Slightly annoying. We had a day rest in Wellington and I'm only now feeling a bit recovered from all the activities rushing from place to place.

Participated in a little pool competition tonight at the hostel. Got third place out of about 15 people or so by lots of luck and a little skill. I was stoked. The winner got $50 of drinks at the hostel bar. There were no runner up prizes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man...
a little bit late, but better than never. I wish you "Happy Birthday" :) and I should say a happy aaahahhhhh from Fran :)
Keep on writing, it's nice to read and to hear from you!
Have fun...

Anonymous said...

What did you do in the days inbetween posts? How are you doing with getting in touch with Peter Jackson? How was your birthday? Were the fireworks Sharon ordered fun?
Love
Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow again, sounds busy. When your on tour there's no stopping.To rushed for me.Would love to hear more keep having fun. your not even there a month. What do you do next month.
Adrian had a baby boy today. All is well, not easy though...CPR

The Intrepid Dr. Root said...

Where did Sharon send the fireworks? I'm not sure how I was supposed to get them?? But thanks Sharon! hah

No luck getting in touch with PJ. I did finally send him the letter but haven't received any response. No biggy either way. Have enough things to think about, like tomorrow taking another stab at climbing up a glacier.

Anonymous said...

ooked back oon your bolgs,thought I wrote mor!your crating a little book.I didn't realize you reply as well on the bog. What a great idea. A phone call would still be fun for us.Good morning or is it good nite for you. It's the 13th, Doug had his B'day yesterday and took so many showers(cold) he got hyperthermia. No fun, but is good today. Keep going with the story real or otherwise. CPR